Home Forums Prusa i3 Calibration Extruder issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jacques 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wren2k2
    Participant

Ok so I’ve got my i3 built and x,y,z work fine. When I open Repetier and heat the extruder to 240 (ABS) I hit extrude and it extrudes fine. If I hit extrude a 2nd time the motor just jerks and acts like it doesn’t want to spin. If I however reverse it once it will extrude again. Unsure what the problem is.

TraceChaser
    Participant

Just a thought, it sounds as if your extrude speed is too high; you’re trying to push plastic thru the hotend faster than it can melt it.

Try extruding 10mm (length) at 60mm/min. and see if that helps. That’s 1mm per second-should be easy.

wren2k2
    Participant

I did indeed. At this point i have gotten it to extrude by reducing the speed. It is now however not extrunding enough filament. I need to find the sweet spot.

Jacques
    Participant

Hi

I received my i3 mk2 kit in december 2016 and i have issues with the extruder.
    It does not want to reach it’s max temperature for pla ( 210°C ). It go from ( 132°C up to 167°C then back down to 120°C then up to 137°C and so on … ), it does a roller coaster ride. It does that for 45 minute then cancel. I can’t get the extruder hot enough to load the filament. What can i do. It’s been almost 3 month and i can’t do anything with my printer.

Jacques
    Participant

Hi ….. just a quick update on my printer …. it was a thermistor problem … that’s why the temperature was not stable. Now it’s printing excellent print … no issues to report … thanks to the team at Prusa Research for there hard work and there patience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Calibration’ is closed to new topics and replies.