Home Forums Prusa i3 Help, Not heating to correct Temps

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LulaNord 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

barrie343
    Participant

I’ve built a Prusa I3 Rework using the instructions found at http://reprap.org/wiki/Prusa_i3_Rework_Introduction , Problem Im having for months now is hot end will only heat up to about 160 and heatbed to 60, I have J-Head hotend with Thermistor:100K NTC B 3950 ±1%, MK3 heatbed with 100k Thermistor which im asuming is same as hotend. I’ve tried every thermistor setting in marlin, checked voltages even changed psu and mega2560 and ramps 1.4 boards. Nothing works

Can ANYONE Help Please. about ready to chuck it out of the window for good.

ericdavies
    Participant

I’m not familiar with this Rework thing, but is it possible that you are supplying 12V to heating elements expecting 24V?

barrie343
    Participant

No heat bed set for 12V and hot end is 12V 40W heater

TraceChaser
    Participant

Since the head/bed do heat up, then wiring is OK. If you have tried all combinations of temperature settings in Marlin, then the only components left are the thermistors.

ericdavies
    Participant

How are those temperatures being measured/reported? The control board or an external device?

Have you measured the voltage at the power supply or the voltage actually delivered to the heating elements?

Do you have a way to check the duty cycle of the power applied to the heating elements?

Pardon me if these questions sounds patronizing, but not knowing you, I have no idea how experienced you are in electronics so best to cover all the bases.

LulaNord
    Participant

Hi..i am a new user here. I think you should check the wiring if the heat is there then issue is there only, but if you have tried all combinations of temperature settings in Marlin, then the only components left are the thermistors.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Prusa i3’ is closed to new topics and replies.