Home Forums RepRap Calculator Steps per mm

This topic contains 30 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  franzbischoff 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Suggy
    Participant

what do you mean by // IO pin. Buffer needed

A fan load would be far less than a hotend !

ruggb
    Participant

how many fans do you have?
    what are they for?
    How many hotends do you have?
    Do you have a hotbed?

Suggy
    Participant

1 12v fan to cool the extruder feed throte. It’s connected to the 2nd extruder out put. 1 extruder connected to the 1st connector and yes a hbp
    This may make it a bit clearer

[IMG]http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1743/11625616/24619878/413238050.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pic60.picturetrail.com/VOL1743/11625616/24619878/413238051.jpg[/IMG]

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  Suggy.

Suggy
    Participant

Don’t know what happened to the link but this is trying again

Fan

Fan Wireing

Looking at this link
    http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?219,168722
    I think it should be pin 9?
    Still don’t know what if anything in pins.h to change

Suggy
    Participant

Tried 9 and get compilling error (think 9 is hoe end)
    Tried 8 and it compiles ok

Do you think I’m safe to upload and try without causing any damage?

ruggb
    Participant

you are not giving me all the answers – so I can’t help you.
    u have at least 2 fans by the pics.
    you didn’t mention the stepper driver fan so I assume it is hardwired.

u can’t program the model fan as a model fan and a temp controlled hotend fan

If u want that hotend fan to be temp controlled you need to use a different pin with a buffer like I am doing. But I have not configd it as temp controlled yet.

u are already using pins 8,9,&10. EFB which are all the buffered pins.
    If your extruder fan is also your model fan you will have issues. U need a separate fan connected to a buffered output.

the error is because that pin is already in use by a fan or you are trying to do 2 things at once with the model fan. U can probably configure that as temp controlled fan but right off hand don’t know.

normally I would try to figure that out for u, but I have a SEVERE neck pain and am surprised I am even answering u.

Suggy
    Participant

The cooling fans for the drivers are hard wired. I now know what EFB is now you have explained this to me. E=Extruder, F=Fan as in filament cooling, B=HBP.
    I thought it was E=Extruder, F=Fan as in extruder throat fan, B=hBP.

I will change it back to a -1, Hard wire the extruder fan (I plan to fit a model cooling fan as well, so just need to change the wiring) as for cooling the extruder fan I will run that of one off the servo pins (like you) at a later date, still not sure what is meant by a buffer, I assume it won’t have enough power to run a fan.

I understand about your neck pain as I’m of work at the moment with SEVER lumber pain L4 & L5, 22 pills a day to keep it a bay. On a good note I’m in hospital on Monday for a lumber spine injection of some sort and if that works at a later date I will be going in for RFA (radiofrequency ablation) where they burn the nerves in the spine to block the signals going to the brain.

I hope the neck gets better soon.

Thanks for all your help

Ian

ruggb
    Participant

E=10, F=9, B=8
    F is the model fan you shouldn’t have to change anything for it to compile ther unless you configured something else. The fan would operate as a model fan which you don’t want for that.
    It is easy to quickly get into a state of confusion.
    i changed my model fan to 4 because I have 2 extruders EEB
    pin 9 is already defined in pins
    those modules are very cheap if u get it from Ali Express. long delivery time -2,3 weeks. it provides 2 ports, but for some reason I slid it over one pin and only use 1 port. can’t remember why

Suggy
    Participant

ruggb
    Participant

yes that is the one from China that I have. The same thing is included in the other. You will need to connect the 12v from the pins near the fuses. If u have a source for the fans near the fans, you can use that. Otherwise carry both to the fan. The device switches ground.
    Also, do not run the fan leads with thermistor leads. It will drive u crazy trying to find a solution to that problem. Fans are electrically noisy.
    browse this page.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170324071035&SearchText=fan+extender

Suggy
    Participant

That will be why on my original ctc the thermistors are shelded.
    Will be ordering one soon or maybe make my own!
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:95375
    Once again thanks for your help.
    Hope you get your neck gets better soon.

mcp5500
    Participant

Printer ZoneStare P802QR2

I am having an issue I do not quite understand.

The Z axis lead screw is T8 with a 2mm pitch and gear ratio 1to1
    When I use the calculator, 1.8(200), 4988 ramps at 1/16 and 2mm per rotation, the result is 1600. When I set the Merlin firmware to 1600, the z axis will move 4x the amount called for. Exp. I want to move 10mm, the result is 40mm of movement. I have to set the z axis firmware to 400 instead of 1600 to correct the issue. This correction is acting as if the ramps are set at 1/4 instead of 1/16. Any help in understanding this would be appreciated. The controller is Geeetech GT2960 over the ZRIB board. I changed the board to get to 1600 on the Z axis as the ZRIB board was set to 400. When printing after the 3rd or 4th layer, the nozzle starts hitting the print and I am not getting a clean print surface.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  mcp5500.

mcp5500
    Participant

To the post above, the steppers are Nema 17 @12v

mcp5500
    Participant

Unless I am reading the screw pitch incorrectly. I measured 1 thread does one rotation at 2mm thread spacing. Am I doing something wrong?

ruggb
    Participant

this can be confusing. My screw is a 4 start 8/2 (lead/pitch). the pitch is 2 but it is irrelevant to the calc. The LEAD is the number you want. one rotation of the screw moves the nut by the lead or 8mm.
    I suspect that is the confusion as it is a factor of 4. I also suspect you are not following THAT ridge around the screw and the screw is probably a 4 start also. Use a nut or turn your drive one rev and measure the axis movement.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  ruggb.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  ruggb.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘RepRap Calculator’ is closed to new topics and replies.