Home Forums Other Prusa 3D printers Are Prusa3d upgrade kits compatible with clones?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Badde 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Daniel Badde
    Participant

I have bought an Anet A8 Prusa i3 clone. Is it possible to use the multi material and the MK2 upgrade on that machine? I’d have preferred to buy the original one, but unfortunately couldn’t afford it.

pjacq
    Participant

yes you could put it on a clone but will need the mini rambo board

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  pjacq.

J_PapaPapa
    Participant

crazy, I just joined this forum today and I was wondering the exact same thing. I’d love to run a dual/quad setup so I kept looking at the MK2S upgrade but I wasn’t sure if it would be compatible with the Anet A8. And how do I know which Mini Rambo board to use? I just looked them up and there’s a few different models. Say I go that route, what would I do with the ‘old’ motherboard, the one that came with the printer, just scrap it? Or does the mini-rambo work together with it? Also, I saw another extruder on the market but couldn’t find much about it; Flexion. Anyone have any ideas on whether or not the Flexion extruder would be compatible with an i3 clone?

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  J_PapaPapa.

pjacq
    Participant

the mini rembo 1.3v is the new version and what I bought for mine….the up grade kit comes with new hot end

Daniel Badde
    Participant

Thanks for the answers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Other Prusa 3D printers’ is closed to new topics and replies.