Home Forums Prusa i3 General Extruder Off, How to set On?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  graybeardtx 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

graybeardtx
    Participant

Never Mind. Working as designed. Wish my brain was.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  graybeardtx. Reason: Question not relevant

viking61
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m getting this message, how did you switch it on?
    I’ve tried switching it on in the menu system, but nothing happens.

graybeardtx
    Participant

Assuming you want to turn it on from the printer console, not from within a gcode program: Go to the EXTRUDER, scroll down to the set extruder temperature ans select that. scroll the temperatures. The first time you scroll, the extruder will set the temperature for 170 degrees and turn the extruder on.

viking61
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.
    I have already tried this, but in my case it doesn’t turn the extruder on. I have also tried selecting, “extruder off” and clicking it, but that does nothing either.
    It’s VERY frustrating because everything else seems to be working fine, but it just will bot print.
    I think I have tried everything else (I’ve been at it for MANY hours, tested the extruder motor which is working OK, alignment (OK), in fact, EVERYTHING seems OK), but it fails to print anything. Sorry I bought the thing now!!!!

graybeardtx
    Participant

Here is what I would try (Sorry for the frustration – I was ready to toss mine until I found out how to use it)
    1. Get Pronterface from github – it is part of the Printrun package
    2. Establish a connection via the USB interface
    3. Send the M104 command to set the extruder temperature (there is no way to turn it on without specifying a temperature)
    4. If it doesn’t turn on then there is a problem with the connections or the controller. Check the terminals to be sure they are tight on the wire and not on the insulation.
    I was unable to see the message you referred to in the first post.
    John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.